Friday, October 31, 2008

Barack Obama: Oh My Goodness, He's Black!


If you think you saw something in a political ad, chances are, you did. The people who produce these ads (and I don't mean the candidates themselves) are very, very skilled in messaging, from overt to subliminal. And I think it's a pretty safe bet that anything gleaned from one of these ads is absolutely intentional.

So what to make of this shot from a recent anti-Obama attack ad? I'm a graphic artist, so I have myself designed images to deliberately evoke a message. So I have no doubt that the composition of this shot, with the positioning of the letters giving us a quick "BLACK" read is meant to do just that. What do you think?

Source: Fire Dog Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...