Monday, August 1, 2011

Debt Ceiling Deal Passed by the House

Rep. Gabby Giffords returned to the House for the vote.
Image from source, MSNBC


Good. I mean bad. I mean good? How about meh? It still has to pass the Senate and then President Obama has to sign it. But after that--at least after this weekend's Sunday shows--maybe we can stop talking about this. I'm very glad I'm going home to Ohio for the better part of a week. Hopefully, when I return there will be other things to talk about.


[Excerpt]


House passes bill to prevent US default 

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed bitterly fought, compromise debt-limit legislation Monday night that would prevent a U.S. default on its obligations but at a cost of deep cuts in government spending. . .

Read more at: MSNBC 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...