Thursday, December 18, 2014

President Obama Normalizes Relations with Cuba

Image from source, CNN


Now here, dear reader, is a subject on which I have very little personal stake. I've always thought the Cuban embargo was odd after all this time. But I think I'm a little too young to have any kind of ego stake in what happens there. But the fact that folks like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz have their strange hairdos all ruffled over it, I can safely say where I'll likely come down on it. Good thing. Must be.



[Excerpt]

Historic thaw in U.S., Cuba standoff


 
A political standoff that spanned five decades and 10 presidents began to crumble Wednesday with President Barack Obama's move to normalize relations with Cuba. The announcement was the product of a year of clandestine back-channelling between the U.S. and Cuba, facilitated by the Canadians and the Vatican and with personal involvement from the Pope. . .

Read more at: CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...