Thursday, October 29, 2015

(Unfortunately) Old News: Dick Cheney to Be Charged in Halliburton Corruption?

UPDATED TO ADD: Unfortunately, schadenfreude can make you too excited to notice that an article is old. Daggone it. For whatever reason, this story--at a legit site--came up today as though it was new. And I got all twitterpated, and published before I realized it. I almost struck the post, just deleted it into the ether. But you know what? It's Halloween time, and there's nothing scarier than Dick Cheney. So, I'll leave it up, and we can go on wishing that this (or something) would come to pass.

ORIGINAL POST:

Schadenfreude. According to Merriam-Webster:
noun, scha·den·freu·de often capitalized \ˈshä-dən-ˌfrȯi-də\ 
: a feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people
A pretty horrible thing, ordinarily, right? But in certain contexts, for certain, specific people? Maybe not so bad. Certainly not in the case of my feelings for Dick Cheney. Of all of the odious people in or
associated with the George W. Bush administration, Cheney would be at the top of my list for
 "people I'd punish if I had super powers." I don't know if I'd banish him to a hell dimension, transport him to a planet of horrible smells, strand him at the bottom of a pit filled with vermin, or some other creative punishment, but I'd come up with something. Nothing lethal, mind you, just something horrible and preferably gross.
Image from source, Christian Science Monitor

Barring that? The greybar hotel would be so very nice. I mean, I know this thing is coming from Nigeria, and that Darth Cheney won't likely ever come to justice, but a guy can dream.

[Excerpt]
 
Dick Cheney to be charged in $180-million Halliburton bribery case

Nigeria's anti-corruption police said on Thursday they planned to file charges against former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney in a $180 million bribery case involving a former unit of oil services firm Halliburton. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Tuesday summoned the country chief of Halliburton and last week detained 10 Nigerian and expatriate Halliburton staff for questioning after raiding its Lagos office. . .

Read more at: Christian Science Monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...