Monday, August 8, 2016

Oh, Blogger, Where Have You Gone?

Here I am! Dammit, another week got away from me, and I let this here blog thingy just lie here, didn't I? I've really been meaning to rev this thing up again, at least through the election. It's funny, when I started this thing, waaayyyy back in 2007, it didn't seem like we had as many outlets for creativity and personal political frustration. Starting a blog was the perfect medicine, giving me a platform and self-therapy wrapped up in one. And so much more seemly than muttering to myself and yelling back at the TV.

Well, frankly, I still do those things. But I do so with my laptop flipped open, my phone at my side, and sometimes my tablet on nearby too. I'm inundated with screens, information at the ready all around me.  But right now, I'm alternately worn out by what I'm seeing, or so stunned, I'm kind of unsure what to write! And it's so easy to fire off a tweet, respond in a short, quick comment, or otherwise sound off on social media, rather than opening the Blogger software to write a whole post about it.

Still, I have no intention of abandoning the blog. But I keep forgetting it's there. Here's hoping I can get back on track. I've got a lot to say, and it's longer than a tweet!

Back with more as the week brings news. Meanwhile, here's something hilarious....

 Trump as Liberace

1 comment:

  1. I think blog burnout is a very real thing among those of us who have been doing this as long as we both have. It says something that we're both tenacious enough to still be around...

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...