Thursday, November 1, 2012

Romney in the Homestretch: Banking on Gullible and Stupid

Image from source, NewsCorpse
As a blogger, there are often times when I want to write a post on a subject, but haven't quite got my brain around it yet. . .and then I read the post I wanted to write, by another (more talented) blogger. Such is the case with this last week of campaigning by Willard Mitt Romney. Many is the time over the duration of this campaign that I've thrown my hands up and said, "do they really think we're that stupid?" And usually my next utterance is, "yes, yes they do."

It's a similar strategy to the rest of Right Wing World, such as FOX "News," particularly FOX & Friends; Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity. . .ehrmahgerd, the list is endless. Their framing and their topic selection is so often based on false premises, debunked hoaxes, inflated non-stories, bogus "facts," and faux outrage, that I'm literally stunned for a moment when I hear them. I think, "Wow, they have ZERO respect for the intelligence of their audience." And that is where we are with the Romney campaign: they have no respect for the intelligence of their voters, and are actually hoping that they are stupid enough to buy a load of bullshit.

[Excerpt]

Romney’s Home Stretch Pitch Aims For The Gullible And Ignorant

With less than a week until election day, the campaign of Republican contender Mitt Romney is pulling out all the stops to appeal to a voter demographic that is often neglected: the irredeemably stupid. . .

Read more at: NewsCorpse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...