Monday, April 7, 2014

Mickey Rooney Dead at 93

Image from source, Variety
I liked Mickey Rooney in most everything I saw him in. But I'll be honest, I wasn't sure I knew he was still alive. He's got to be one of the last of his generation to pass, at least for a star of his caliber. It's nice that he got such a long life. And maybe got the last laugh on a lot of his critics. RIP, Mickey!

[Excerpt]

Mickey Rooney, Legendary Actor, Dies at 93

Mickey Rooney, the pint-sized actor who was one of MGM’s giant box office attractions in the late ’30s and early ’40s, died on Sunday. He was 93.

As adept at comedy as drama and an excellent singer and dancer, Rooney was regarded as the consummate entertainer. During a prolific career on stage and screen that spanned eight decades (“I’ve been working all my life, but it seems longer,” he once said), he was nominated for four Academy Awards and received two special Oscars, the Juvenile Award in 1939 (shared with Deanna Durbin) and one in 1983 for his body of work. . .

Read more at: Variety

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...