Thursday, July 17, 2014

Frivolity Break: Weird Al Yankovic's Word Crimes

I've been a fan of Weird Al Yankovic since Another One Rides the Bus (a parody of Queen's Another One Bites the Dust) and My Bologna (The Knack's My Sharona), on the Dr. Demento Show. But this may be one of his most entertaining efforts. The thing is, it almost requires that you follow along with the video. I'm proud to say I know most of these grammar rules, though these days I couldn't diagram a sentence to save my life. This time, the target is both the disintegration of the English language, to the tune of Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, anybody who plays the accordion can't be all that bad.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...