Friday, April 17, 2015

The Gay Thing: Rick Santorum and Ted Cruz Get "Would You Go to a Gay Wedding" Question

Human irritant (and redundantly named) Hugh Hewitt asked two of the many human irritants running for the GOP presidential nomination, about whether or not they'd attend a gay wedding. Predictably, they give pander-to-the-base answers, but at least Rick (don't Google me) Santorum comes right out and says it: NO. His logic is a mess, but at least he gets right to the point, even if he tries to make his reasoning less douchey than it actually is. Ted Cruz just goes full politi-speak douche.

 

2 comments:

  1. Personally, if a gay couple invited me to a wedding, I would go, especially if I am invited to the meal afterwards and they have a good spread.
    At my wedding, at my 2nd wedding, we had 2 gay couples. No big deal.
    Would my view be accepted in the gay community? Do most gays invite conservatives to their wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd say most gays invite conservatives to their weddings. My wedding was very, very small, only three witnesses at a courthouse. But one of three was conservative! Then, at our reception months later, our venue was a friends' huge property out near Boulder City, and he is Captain Conservative with an entire room that is a gun vault! Of the attendees, I'd say probably 33% were conservative or leaning? We had more who tended to be liberal because of the high number of other gay people there (moreso than at most of our gatherings, just by the nature of the event), and gay people DO tend to be more likely liberal.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...