Sunday, October 4, 2015

SNL Scores with Hillary Clinton Appearance



This weekend marked the 41st season premiere of Saturday Night Live, and there I was, just as I had been for season one, watching live. It's the first time in a long time for me, since I've been in the Pacific time zone for the past twenty years. But I have watched most season openers, even if they were on tape delay. And usually--oddly--the first episode is shaky, like a bad first day of school. This one wasn't, in my opinion. It was fairly strong. Particularly the political stuff.

One of the best bits was something SNL does fairly often, but not often well: the appearance of a real-life presidential candidate in a sketch. In this one, Kate McKinnon, whose Hillary impression is getting better but not on the mark yet, meets with the real Clinton for some fairly good--and politically effective--banter. Good job!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...