Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fred Thompson Quits the Presidential Race


Photo captured from Think Progress

They often play a sound clip from Forest Gump on The Stephanie Miller Show, when referring to Fred Thompson, and it is more apropos today than ever: "I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now."

[Excerpt]

Fred Thompson Out of Race

Former senator Fred Thompson (Tenn.) bowed to the obvious moments ago, dropping out of the 2008 presidential race in a tersely-worded statement.

"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States," read the statement. "I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."


Read more at: Washington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...