Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Eileen Brennan Dies at 80

Image from source, New York Times
For a pop culture guru, I can sure get it wrong sometimes. Perhaps because Eileen Brennan was involved in a terrible accident (being run over by a car) back in the 1980s, I've thought she was already dead a couple of times. She popped up as a guest star on Will & Grace several years ago, and I was delighted to see her not only still acting but still breathing! Then, for some reason, I thought she'd passed again, and was informed on Facebook (via the Hollywood Babylon group) that no, she was still with us. This was only days ago, and now I have to revise my mental rolodex again.

I really liked Brennan in everything I ever saw her in. The most obvious ones are her performances in Private Benjamin and Clue, though there have been many others. I'm glad she made it to 80, even though I apparently was doing a mental whammy on her for years. RIP, Mrs. Peacock!

[Excerpt]

Eileen Brennan, Stalwart of Film and Stage, Dies at 80
Eileen Brennan, a smoky-voiced actress who had worked in show business for more than 20 years before gaining her widest attention as a gleefully tough Army captain in both the film and television versions of
“Private Benjamin,” died on Sunday at her home in Burbank, Calif. She was 80. . .


Read more at: New York Times

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...