Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Gov. George Pataki Bails from 2016 GOP Clown Car

Surprising no one, and having no measurable impact on the 2016 presidential race, former Governor George Pataki is bailing out of the Clown Car and dropping his bid for the GOP nomination. Though he had zero chance in the first place, it is still a bit sad, as he was the only acceptable choice from the Republican side, as far as I'm concerned. There is literally no one else. Pressed, I'd have to pick either Marco Rubio or John Kasich, and they're both unacceptable.

[Excerpt]

Republican Pataki says he's ending presidential bid 

Former New York Governor George Pataki on Tuesday ended his long-shot bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. . .

Read more at: MSN

UPDATED TO ADD: Gov. Pataki has made so little splash that I initially crossed out Jim Gilmore rather than Pataki in the attached graphic! I make no apology for this, but it has been amended.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years Jamie and I hope this year is better than the last.
    Still don't understand why you like Hillary, though. Bernie, yes, but Hillary who will be the jackasses nominee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan, and backatcha! Well, candidate-wise, I've never really understood the Clinton hate, toward either Clinton. Then again, I've never understood the Obama hate either. I never even hated Dubya. Cheney, sure, I mean, he's the embodiment of evil. But GWB was just a doofus. Clinton, to me, seems like the most qualified candidate, on either side. I think she trends to the center, which I'd think would play better to the electorate. And while I know she has high negatives, so does Trump, right?

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...