Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Tea Party Madness: Chicago

My most recent post (What Happens in Vegas: Tax Day Tea Party a Dainty Affair) was about the paltry turnout for the tax day tea party here in Las Vegas. I found this writeup on Chicago's event entertaining reading, and thought you might as well. [Plus, I'm still test-driving my new blogger software and working out the kinks. It would seem that FireFox is the only reliable browser to write on at the moment. And even that is a little hinky.]

[Excerpt]

Tea Party 'revolt' looks like a pity party to me 

'Chicago Tax Day Tea Party," read the colorful card handed to me as I emerged from Union Station into the soft, summery day Thursday.

"Liberty" it continued, in spidery, colonial-era script. "Constitutional Principles. Fiscal Responsibility." Then, in bright-red type -- the blood of patriots, no doubt -- "Repeal it! Replace Congress." And finally: "Chicago. Daley Plaza. 12:00 Noon. . ."

Read more at: Chicago Sun-Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...