Sunday, April 18, 2010

What Happens in Vegas: Tax Day Tea Party a Dainty Affair

Image from source, Las Vegas Review-Journal

Yeah, I said "dainty." I'm sorry, that's what I think of when I think of "tea parties," a little girl's pretend soiree in the backyard.  And the recent tax day tea bagger rally in Las Vegas doesn't seem to have been much more than that.  Sunset Park, it should be noted, used to be the annual site of the Las Vegas Gay Pride celebration, which drew around 10 times the amount of people as the tax day thing. And this was years ago, when our population was smaller. Feel free to throw back the "dainty" at me in a slur if you want, but our crowd could've kicked this crowd's ass.

Anyway, I'm only getting around to this story on the weekend because, frankly, it didn't make much of a buzz here locally. That isn't too surprising given the tiny crowd, but isn't this allegedly "grass roots" movement supposed to be formidable?  More and more, I'm thinking the tea baggers are as much "booga-booga" as the PUMAs (Party Unity My Ass) who threatened to shut down Barack Obama's victory out of their Hillary Clinton-supporting spite.

[Excerpt]

Conservative Nevada candidates tap Tea Party ire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...