Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Keith Olbermann on His Exit from MSNBC, Transition to Current TV

Image from source, The Hollywood Reporter
The departure of Countdown with Keith Olbermann from MSNBC left a surprisingly small hole in my life. I was a regular watcher, an ardent fan, and an easy mark for its "spin off," The Rachel Maddow Show. I was already a fan of Maddow, after all. I was stunned the night that Keith announced that he was done, as was my sister who called me from Ohio as soon as she heard. Initially, I sort of had the wind knocked out of my sails: I'd been watching Countdown almost from the beginning, and certainly since the last couple of years of the Bush era. I was pissed, and feeling very anti-MSNBC, as were fans.

When The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell (now badly named) took over the 5:00 spot, I was a casual watcher, sometimes skipping it. I couldn't break my Rachel habit though, and eventually, I started watching both hours on the DVR, with the commercials skipped. And I sort of forgot about Olbermann. Sorry, Keith, but you trained a couple of really good replacements!

Still, I am intrigued by the rebirth of Countdown on Al Gore's Current TV. But I'll have to keep tabs via the internet, since COX Cable doesn't carry the channel in Las Vegas. I wrote the mucky-mucks, but they say "no current plans to carry Current." Bah. They caved on giving me MSNBC in HD, so maybe they'll cave on Current too, eventually. Meantime, I'll just have to seek out the clips. Good luck, Keith!

[Excerpt]

Keith Olbermann Breaks Silence On MSNBC Exit; Could Earn $100M at Current TV

In a sometimes explosive interview, Olbermann details for The Hollywood Reporter how Jeff Zucker turned on him at MSNBC, why he’s not talking to Rachel Maddow, and the surprise name who’ll be his substitute anchor. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...