Friday, July 22, 2011

Jury Summons

%#$@?!!! For the fourth time in 16+ years, I have a jury summons. It isn't the duty involved--I think that might be very interesting--it's the low compensation. Especially in this economy. Unfortunately for me, the excuse that worked three times in the past (I'm the first link in the chain, if I don't work, nobody works), while valid, no longer works. It seems we Clark County folks voted to change it so that jury excuses are only for the old or sick. I don't remember that one.  So, I'll have to wait until my appearance date, and plead my case before the judge. Phooey. If only they paid something approaching my actual wages, and there was someone at work who could take over for me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...