Monday, October 14, 2013

Back from Vacation!

Waldport, Oregon sunset, October 2013
(Click to embiggen)
I've just taken the longest vacation--and the longest break away from the blog--that I've had since maybe 2008? Maybe longer. It was the second annual trip to the Oregon coast to visit some dear friends, ex-pats of Las Vegas, making a far more interesting life in a coastal community. It was a very game-plan free respite from daily life, with little more than friends and food on the agenda. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay in a beautiful beachside house, largely due to the generosity of one set of friends and the connections of those we were visiting. It was great. But all good things, as they say, must come to an end.

Plus, no matter how generous our friends are, taking a week off of work and going to a different state is  expensive! Worth every penny, but still! So, I'm back. Blast from the Past will return next week, as will my regular blogging schedule. For tonight, I'm going to settle in and watch The Walking Dead (and its companion, The Talking Dead), and then prep for a fresh week of work after a week away. Sigh.

I also have to get my fat self back on Atkins, and whittle my expanding frame down to something resembling fit. So, that will be exciting. Needless to say, it may not be a Happy Monday. But let's give it a go, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...