Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Science is Cool: Hair Loss Cure Could be on the Horizon

This is pretty cool news. I don't suffer from hair loss, and at the age of 47 I may be out of the woods. But, as a man, I surely have pondered it, worried about it, wondered about it. I know that I have both a flat spot on the crown of my head and a red birthmark on my scalp. that can't be pretty if all the hair goes away.

Still, if it all fell out, I guess I'd just deal with it. Most likely, I'd pull a Ron Howard, and just become a baseball cap aficionado. Other guys have gone a number of different routes to hide the problem, and there is quite an industry out there to help them. I've got to wonder if this story freaks out The Hair Club for Men, for instance.

[Excerpt]

Researchers Report Progress With Growing Hair

 

There's new hope for anyone who's bald or balding: Researchers report they're getting closer to the goal of cloning hair cells and coaxing them to grow hair once they're replanted in the scalp. "We've been able to overcome the first block," said study co-author Angela Christiano, a professor of dermatology and genetics & development at the Center for Human Genetics at Columbia University's College of Physicians & Surgeons in New York City. . .

Read more at: Everyday Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...