Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blast From the Past/Halloween Horrors: Hollywood's Best Scary Songs


This special Halloween Horrors edition of Blast from the Past is my effort to pull together all of the scary themes from the horror films of my youth. But as I type this, I don't know how much I'll be able to find. So, let's just forge ahead, shall we?

The first song that comes to mind when I think of scary Halloween tunage, is Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells, the theme from The Exorcist. This, I'm confident, I can find. . .
 


I was right! And what's more, it's the whole album!

On to see if I can find that freaky-deaky music from the original The Omen.
 


So far, so good! Okay, how about that spooky original A Nightmare on Elm Street music?
 


Yes!!! And if that's out there, surely a good version of the original Halloween theme is out there too. . .
 


Hot damn! Actually, there are more complete versions of the song (and I chose Halloween II, because it is the superior version of the theme), complete with the intro. But for the blog, I think the opening credits are more appropriate. Okay, so as long as I've ventured into slasher pictures, let's see if the original Friday The 13th theme is available.
 


Yep, but sadly no actual opening credits.

Well, I think this was a rousing success, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. But before I go, here's one final creep-out, also from A Nightmare on Elm Street.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...