Tuesday, November 26, 2013

President Obama's Historic Deal with Iran Not Good Enough for Republicans?

Image from source, Slate
I've happened upon the internet abbreviation "SMH" a lot lately. I don't know how new it is, maybe I just started noticing it. If you didn't know, it means "shaking my head." It can be a three-letter response to just about anything, and can impart general bewilderment, honest confusion, resigned dismissal, disappointment, or even a sarcastic put-down (in the Southern, "bless your heart" style). But I find myself actually shaking my head at a lot of recent news, and controversies.

That's how I feel about the conservative reaction to President Obama's historic nuclear deal with Iran. I'm even more convinced than ever that Republicans would a) disagree with anything and everything this President ever did or will ever do, and b) will withhold credit for anything positive he ever accomplishes.

[Excerpt]
 
We Have a Deal With Iran. A Good One.
 
The Iranian nuclear deal struck Saturday night is a triumph. It contains nothing that any American, Israeli, or Arab skeptic could reasonably protest. Had George W. Bush negotiated this deal, Republicans would be hailing his diplomatic prowess, and rightly so. . .

Read more at: Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...