Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Terry McAuliffe Elected Governor of Virginia

McAuliffe is in, the Cooch is out. Image from source,
USAToday
I'll let you know a secret: I can't stand Terry McAuliffe. If you were to make me list my least favorite Democrats, the list--regardless of how short--would include McAuliffe. The dude just makes my skin crawl. That said, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if my other choice was Ken Cuccinelli.

The Cooch proved that no matter how much you might dislike a candidate, there is always someone worse. Cooch was worse, by a long shot. And though the tea baggers and Republican establishment alike will undoubtedly make much of the fact that McAuliffe "squeaked by," he still won, which is infinitely preferable to the chest-thumping that would have occurred had he lost.

And make no mistake, this is a win for Democrats. I heard, from Democrats and Republicans alike, that this was a referendum on ObamaCare. So, there you go. Squeaked by or not, it didn't lose the race for the Democrats. Even with a candidate that most Democrats would have to hold their noses to vote for. But perhaps the big question is: why did Virginia have such a sad choice to make in the first place?

[Excerpt]
 
Terry McAuliffe ekes out victory in Virginia

Democrat Terry McAuliffe won the Virginia governor's race Tuesday, squeaking by Republican Ken Cuccinelli with the help of voters in the predominantly blue Washington suburbs. . .

Read more at: USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...