Friday, June 20, 2014

Give Me Some Credit!

Click to embiggen
The Other Half and I have each had our troubles with credit in our lives, thankfully at separate times, and also thankfully in the distant past. But I'm amazed at how much the credit card companies want our business. After years of offers, about six weeks ago, I decided to start collecting the offers, just to see how often they really come. To date: 5 Capital One Card, 5 Barclay Card, 3 Discover Card. In all, 13 offers from three companies in six weeks. Even more odd, only one was for me! I guess I've been out of debt so long, they don't think I'm interested any more?

But keep this in mind, next time you wonder why your interest rates are so high: how much money are they spending on these repeated, excessive, expensive, glossy mailers?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. And they come to me even though my credit is that good.
    Stay far, far away from them.
    We go now on a cash only basis and that has saved us hundreds, if not thousands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a very strategic credit card spender, and only keep two in my wallet. Some of our recent home improvements have been put on credit, but for short intervals, with the goal of keeping the credit strong. We never spend more than we could actually pay off immediately. I've learned my lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...