Monday, August 20, 2007

The Democratic Debate on This Week

Slow posting day for me. I seem to be lacking inspiration again. I guess a triple-dose of Karl Rove can do that to you. I did want to comment on the Democratic debate held on This Week with George Stephanopolous.

I watched the Republican debate on the same program two weeks ago, and if I had to point out the key difference, it was in the overall tone. The Democratic candidates actually seemed to listen to the questions, and (mostly) answered them. The Republican debate--to me--seemed more canned. They seemed to steer the answer to what it was they wanted to say in the first place, regardless of the question.

Now, I will concede that that may only be my biased opinion. But there wasn't a person on the stage today that I wouldn't rather see as President than any of the group two weeks ago. I do still worry that if Hillary gets the nomination, that a sizable portion of the country will be voting against her, not for the other guy. But that's often what it comes down to anyway, I suppose. In any event, she's getting better with each debate.

I'm still torn between Edwards and Clinton. But I think the choice is ultimately going to be made for me, and I can't imagine Edwards taking the #2 slot again.

As for me, I'll have some new stuff up tomorrow. I don't stay uninspired for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...