Thursday, August 23, 2007

Battle of the Bills: O'Reilly vs. Maher

I'm reading The Political Brain by Drew Westen, and it has me a little bummed out. According to the book, facts don't matter to the partisan brain. If you're into politics, you are evidently going to side with your camp something like 80% of the time. As I said, depressing.

Anyway, with this particular battle you've got "No Spin" Bill vs. "Libertarian" Bill, so where does that leave the political brain? According to my brain, if you think O'Reilly is neutral, you need a brain transplant. And Maher, though probably partially Libertarian, has also leaned a lot further left lately.

I'd like to think that if my political alignment was different, that I could still see that O'Reilly is a blowhard, and that Maher is really funny. See what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...