I couldn't think of any one topic for this week's Blast from the Past, but I knew I wanted to get away from music, and focus on nostalgia alone. While surfing the YouTubes, I found several old classic commercials from the 70s, but not for any one thing. So, here's a hodge-podge of product pitches from this blogger's youth. . .
1. Hawaiian Punch - That poor tourist sap always got his punch.
2. Starkist Tuna - For some reason, Charlie the tuna wanted to be killed and eaten.
3. Life Cereal - This is probably one of the most famous commercials of the 70s, and yet whenever somebody asks "What's this stuff?" and I answer "some cereal" nobody ever gets it.
4. Connect Four - Pretty sneaky, sis. . .
5. Oscar Meyer Bologna - If the Life Cereal commercial is one of the 70s most famous, this one might be THE most famous. Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!
6. Nestle Quick - Loved the Quick Bunny as a kid. It's so rich and thick, and chock-o-lit. . .
7. Purina Cat Chow - Crazy Cat Lady teaches cat to dance! Chow Chow Chow!
8. McDonald's Big Mac - Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun! Okay, now I'm hungry. . .
Happy Monday everybody!