Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bridgegate Gets Worse: 5th Amendment Pleas will Not Stop Subpeonas

I'm an MSNBC watcher and a bonafide Rachel Maddow Show fan. But occasionally, even I will start to roll my eyes at the latest Chris Christie "Bridgegate" nugget. Kinda. I mean, I still find it interesting. But with Christie's diminishing relevance on the national stage, I wonder if it all makes any difference at this point. I'm all for getting to the bottom of it, and I like to see a big braggart get his comeuppance. But I'm getting just a little Bridgeghazi burnout.

[Excerpt]
 
New Jersey lawmakers vote to reject Chris Christie staffers’ invoking of Fifth Amendment
 
The state legislative committee investigating the George Washington Bridge scandal today voted to compel Bridget Anne Kelly and Bill Stepien to produce the documents they have refused to provide by citing their Fifth Amendment rights against incrimination and other objections. . .
 
Read more at: Talking Points Memo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...