Thursday, April 24, 2008

John McCain: Let 'Em Eat Cake?

Hey, this just occurred to me, though I am sure I'm late to the party. Remember the bit of a stink that was raised over George W. Bush's behaviour during the lead-up to and ultimate failing of the levees in New Orleans from Hurricane Katrina? There was a famous photo of Bush strumming a guitar with country singer, Mark Wills, and then there was one of Bush cutting a birthday cake, celebrating a Senator's birthday.

I'd forgotten the details, but in a blinding flash of the obvious, I realized the Senator in question was none other than John McCain. Yeah, like I said, I'm late to the party (pun intended). But it's quite an image.

[Excerpt]


Flashback: As Katrina hit, McCain celebrated 69th birthday with Bush.

It was Aug. 29, McCain’s 69th birthday, and on the tarmac, Bush presented his old political rival with a cake. The two posed, holding the cake up for cameras, and within seconds, went their separate ways. The cake, melting in the 110-degree Arizona heat, was left behind, uneaten. . .

Read more at: Think Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...