Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Has-Been Hollywood Stars Against Al Franken?

I'm a big fan of Al Franken, as I've stated on the blog before. I've enjoyed his writing and acting in the classic formative years of Saturday Night Live. I've enjoyed reading his books like, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, and Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot (and Other Observations). And I really enjoyed his Air America Radio program.

But, I'm a realist. I know that Franken was never an A-list star. Though he did have a pretty major hit as writer and producer of When a Man Loves a Woman, his most famous role was in the flop Stuart Saves His Family, which is better than you think, by the way. He also was the star of a brilliant but cancelled sitcom, LateLine.

But B, C or D list, Al is. Still, if you're going to run an attack ad against him using Hollywood stars, you think you'd scrape up a better roster than John Ratzenberger (Cliff from Cheers), Victoria Jackson (also from SNL, during the Dana Carvey years), Robert Davi (a bad guy in The Goonies) and the least of the Baldwin brothers, Steven (a super-Jesusy guy these days, though his biggest role was in the kinky Threesome). I mean really, is that the best they could do? These folks should get together for My Life on the Z-list. Maybe on FOX "News?"

By the way, Victoria Jackson was a favorite of mine back in the day. Very funny, but not known for her intellect. I'm just sayin'. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...