Monday, April 20, 2009

Obama is Letting Bush & Co. Off the Hook. Or Is He?

I've been highly irritated with the continued buzz from the Obama Administration about letting the Bush Administration get away with torture, and other war crimes. I can't wrap my brain around it. I have theories of course. Like maybe too many Democrats would go down with the ship due to complicity or lack of action. Or maybe Obama is afraid of the right-wing noise machine.

But I have thus far been willing to cut Obama a little slack. He's a smart guy. And he knew what he was doing back in the primaries, and in the general election. Maybe this is part of a master plan that we don't quite see yet. Maybe by laying the groundwork that he himself doesn't wish to prosecute anyone from the Bush Era, he frees up the Justice Department and Congress to do it themselves, while Obama is working on the rest of his agenda? I sure hope it's something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...