Monday, July 20, 2009

Frivolity Break: Paula Abdul May Not Return to Idol


Image from source, Huffington Post

It's very late on Sunday night as I type this, so I need to get something posted for Monday morning before bedtime. Often times, I stumble upon just the thing, or there is a new edition of Top 10 Conservative Idiots to link to. Other times, I find something like this.

It's not that American Idol isn't interesting, it's just embarrassing. It's the kind of show I usually follow, but only with one eye. I have to be reading, or working, or doing the dishes, or surfing the 'net--anything to avoid giving the show my undivided attention. I'd just feel too guilty.

But one of the pleasures of viewing, is watching Paula Abdul's spastic gyrations and incoherent critiques. She surprises when she is lucid and cogent, and delights when she's flailing about. She is, as far as I'm concerned, every bit as crucial as Simon Cowell. Ryan's probably replaceable, despite his new $45 million contract. And Randy Jackson? Dawg, he hasn't said or done anything new in years. Dawg.

[Excerpt]

Paula Abdul 'Idol' Drama: She May Not Return

Paula Abdul's (ab-DOOL') new manager says she may not be returning to "American Idol. . ."

Read more at: Huffington Post


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...