Friday, October 29, 2010

Stomach Churning Sharron Angle "Faith" Ad

This political season has been particularly ugly. But in the last few days, the commercials have taken a turn for the worse, which I didn't even think was possible.  The mud-flinging has turned into shit-slinging. So, it isn't surprising that someone has finally actually put a race in the "Us" vs. "Them" realm, literally.  I've heard this ad a couple of times on the radio here in Las Vegas, and was fairly nauseated by it.

Any mingling of religion and politics usually rubs me the wrong way, but this one takes the cake.  Harry Reid is a "Dem." But Sharron Angle is like "us," a good, god-fearing woman. I'm just surprised they didn't get into Mormon bashing while they were at it.  The use of a cloying version of the song "America" in the background, along with an equally cloying, affable grandpa voice irked me as much as the content of the ad.

The first time I heard it, it did not evoke a warm feeling for Sharron Angle as the ad intends. This is what I thought of:

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag carrying a cross" - Robert Sinclair, 1835

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...