Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis


Photo from source, AOL.com

I heard about this on the radio on my commute home, and gave it little thought beyond the obvious "oh, geeze." I didn't realize until I got home just how bad it was. It seems (at this hour) that it could have been much worse. Only one to three deaths reported as of yet, which is incredible given how many cars were on the bridge.

Every time I'm stuck on a bridge and feel it bounce, I get queasy. I doubt I'll feel any better about it in the future! Let's hope most of the older bridges in this country are in better shape than this one was.

As far as the news reports go so far, I thought Keith Olbermann did a great job, but with a seemingly limited video feed. I only watched CNN briefly, because the video there was very poor, and Wolf Blitzer wasn't doing very well without a script. FOX "News"--incredibly enough--has a much more varied, and much clearer video. Even Sean Hannity was doing a fairly good job. My only critique is that FOX seemed to air earlier footage without the "taped earlier" notice. This made it look like fires that had been put out were still burning. Just a quibble.

Read about it at: AOL.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...