Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Guilty Pleasures: Cher! Really!


OK, I've never posted anything from Perez Hilton, but I just can't help myself when it comes to Cher. From an early age (eight or so) I've been a Cher junkie. My mom was a fan, and even spirited us away to the Columbus airport one night when it was rumored that Cher and Sonny were going to be landing there (we saw them!). Mom had a (you won't believe this, but it's true) drill team for women out of high school. And they did routines to "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves." I watched Sonny and Cher. I watched Sonny and I watched Cher. I even watched the post-divorce Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour.

In my pre- "Other Half" life, I enjoyed Cher's One By One on the dance floor. The only bad thing she ever did publicly, for my way of thinking, was the Lori Davis beauty projects. And she made up for that by virtue of Christina Applegate and Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live.
And she's back, post-60, with yet more music for the masses. Good for her. You go, Cher!
[Excerpt]
Cher will be heading to Las Vegas soon, but she’s working on a new album even before then!
The gay icon sat down with Chrome Hearts magazine to talk about her new record, the struggles to make it and what it will sound like.

Says Cher: “The truth is I’ve got this album I’m supposed to be working on. The truth is the songs are great. I’m totally into this album, the songs are the hardest songs. I don’t know why, but I picked the hardest songs that I’ve ever had to do on an album. I just picked them because I love them and didn’t think about actually having to sing them and they are very very difficult.” …. “I haven’t started the album yet, but I have all the songs. I was supposed to start it, but I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t good enough. I have to really buckle down. I’ve got to do some serious, serious work. I should have done it when I got off the road, but we didn’t have all the songs.” …”I picked the songs song-by-song. It’s not any kind of real music. It’s not a genre. Just great songs. More with a ROCK feeling to them, but not necessarily rock. Just with a GREAT beat and also some of them sound really country.”
Hurry up, diva!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...