Thursday, August 16, 2007

Republican Family Values

I give a lot of space at Greenlee Gazette to AmericaBlog, and for good reason. AmericaBlog was the first blog I ever visited, during the Jeff Gannon/James Guckert story, and I've been a regular reader ever since. It was AmericaBlog that actually kept me away from blogging, myself, for a long time. I just didn't think I'd be able to compare.

AmericaBlog founder, John Aravosis, has a great editorial up right now, in response to Rudy Giuliani's command to "leave my family alone." It's very, very good.

[Excerpt]

The extremists running the Republican party have two sets of values. The ones they live under, and the ones they expect YOU to live under. They spend like drunken sailors, but they expect you to tighten your belt. They send our troops off to wars based on a lie, without the proper equipment, and you hate the troops. They have more divorces and marriages and affairs than Zsa Zsa Gabor, but you're the threat to family values. And September 11 happens under their watch, but you're the one who's weak on terror. . .


Read the rest at: AmericaBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...