Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Review of My Political Allegiance

EDITOR'S NOTE: The following was posted after a few beers. I've done a little editing this morning to clean up my language! If you want to see how a beer-fueled rant goes from brain to keyboard, continue reading. . .


I've been challenged by one of my house guests on my political allegiances. He (and his gay homosexual) partner of 20 or so years are Republican. Yeah, I know, I can't believe it either. And I can't quite figure it out.

What I've found so far is that I can get along, and argue robustly, yet still have fun with the opposition. I haven't found any concrete, solid reasons for these fellows' political inclinations, and that is a bit of a comfort. It is also a source of dismay.

Some people are so married to their political ideology that no activity, scandal or clusterf*^k can change their minds.

What is clear from this experience, and from my reading on the internets, is that nobody, not even hard right Republicans, are big fans of this ridiculous administration. But the dyed-in-the-wool right-wingers think that Rudy is just peachy. Or Thompson is the cat's pajamas. They ignore the mess we're in, and think that the next Republican will do better. I say, bump that. No way, Jose. Change parties. Right now. We just can't go through another Republican administration. They've HAD their chance, and they screwed it up.

I don't care WHO is the Democratic nominee. They have my vote by default, regardless. You might think that is stupid, or blind, but I really do mean it. We have a two-party system, with no realistic chance for third or fourth party candidates. In this case, we simply have to change things up. A new Republican president would be more of the same. Does anybody think that four or eight more years of what we've got is a good idea? Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...