Thursday, September 20, 2007

The View: Is the World Flat?

Daytime TV stinks. On those rare occasions I've been home sick, I'll turn on the set, and find relentlessly awful programming, from soap operas, a stream of judge shows, Jerry Springer and yes, The View. I've never watched the program outside of the occasional YouTube clip. Some of the Rosie stuff was good, and anything with Kathy Griffin. But it seemed to me that it fit squarely into that daytime TV stink-fest. I had no interest.

Through all of the Star Jones controversies, I never was interested enough to watch. Then the daily Rosie drubbing from FOX "News" (and others) ignited national interest in the program. I still didn't really care. I thought the Rosie vs. The Donald thing was just one more ridiculous thing for the news to focus on that wasn't news.

Rosie left, and the news was out that Whoopi Goldberg--one of my all-time favorite personalities--was joining the show. She's funny, shares my politics, and radiates thoughtful intelligence. But then I thought, "oh great, another lightning-rod for Sean Hannity." So far, only a slight blip.

Shortly after Whoopi's start, another woman was brought in, Sherri Shepherd, a person I have no knowledge of. But apparently, she's got Star Jones' former zaftig figure, Elizabeth Hasselbeck's religion, and the brains of a doorknob. I still don't watch the show, but this clip caught my eye: Sherri Shepherd The world is flat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...