Saturday, September 22, 2007

Blackwater in Iraq

I have not yet said anything on this blog about Blackwater, the company employing contractors and mercenaries in Iraq. That is mostly because I don't have all my ducks in a row on the issue. Much of what I have heard is disturbing. I'm still reading up on the matter, and hope to have a more comprehensive opinion written soon.

One thing I wonder about is, how many Americans know that there are more American contractors and mercenaries in Iraq than there are military personnel? Before this evening I didn't. I also wasn't aware that they are lobbying in this country to be outside the military code of justice and outside the reach of American courts. This would make them above the law, unless I'm missing something.

Here is a video of White House Press Secretary Dana Perino, attempting to address questions about Blackwater from the press. . .and not doing a particularly good job of it, either.



More about Blackwater is available at this link, which is also where I found the video: TPMMuckraker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...