Friday, June 26, 2015

The Gay Thing: What About The Anti-Gay Side of the Marriage Decision?

I could go on at length (and have) about the anti-gay side of the marriage equality battle. After Friday's Supreme Court decision, however, my extreme case of schadenfreude has me feeling especially disrespectful, uncaring for their feelings, and absolutely heedless of their "sincerely held beliefs." My give-a-shit meter is officially pegged in "don't."

Image from source, Salon.

So, rather than spend all evening on a rant about these all of these chuckle-heads, sore losers, illogical douche waffles and hateful homophobes, I'm going straight to an excerpt of an excellent post on the subject by Bob Cesca. He's snarky--and even a bit rude--but he's better at it than I am.

[Excerpt]

The GOP’s apocalyptic gay-marriage freakout: “I will not acquiesce to an imperial court”

It was just over 11 years ago, and I distinctly recall sitting in my garage, tears rolling down my face, feeling completely and utterly crushed. George W. Bush had just been re-elected in arguably the most cynical, awful way possible. It turns out that ballot initiatives banning same-sex marriage in two-dozen states motivated social conservatives to vote in higher numbers, tipping the balance in favor of that horrendous chief executive and his even more horrendous vice president. In all my years of covering politics, election day 2004 was possibly the darkest day up to that point. . .

Read more at: Salon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...