Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chris Dodd Stops (For Now) FISA Vote


Photo captured from ChrisDodd.com

Senator Chris Dodd may not have a realistic shot at the Presidency in 2008, but he gets my vote for hero of the week. The crazy, stupid vote by Democrats (I expect it from Republicans) to reauthorize the FISA bill, with blanket immunity to Telecom companies has been temporarily stopped by Dodd today. I hope he sticks to his guns, or rather keeps putting a stick in the spokes of this piece of legislation until he can get the gutless Democratic Senators to see the light.

Please join the effort by going to ChrisDodd.com, sign his petition, and leave your comments on this issue. Here is a synopsis from that site:

"The Military Commissions Act. Warrantless wiretapping. Shredding of Habeas Corpus. Torture. Extraordinary Rendition. Secret Prisons.

No more. I have decided to place a "hold" on the latest FISA bill that would have included amnesty for telecommunications companies that enabled the President's assault on the Constitution by illegally providing personal information on their customers without judicial authorization.

I said that I would do everything I could to stop this bill from passing, and I have. It's about delivering results -- and as I've said before, the FIRST thing I will do after being sworn into office is restore the Constitution. But we shouldn't have to wait until then to prevent the further erosion of our country's most treasured document. That's why I am stopping this bill today."

Again, please join the effort by going to ChrisDodd.com.
And read the story behind the story here: RawStory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...