Tuesday, August 26, 2008

22 Million Watch Democratic National Convention


Maybe there's hope for America after all? While most people I know are very interested in this year's Presidential election (and most seem to be rooting for Barack Obama), there are a few who just don't care. About much of anything, it would seem. Some people are just not aware of what's going on in the world around them, and do not care to be.

I wondered, briefly, if I was like that when I was younger. But even though I wasn't nearly as plugged in as I am now, I clearly remember paying attention in 1992 (as related here). I tuned out much of the Iran/Contra affair, and very quickly lost interest in the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky flap. But I knew what was going on.

I've assumed though, that I was something of an anomaly. I was encouraged by the dramatically high turnout for the primaries and caucuses this year though, and am hopeful that the turnout is as enthusiastic in November. When I read on The Drudge Report today that the Democratic National Convention's ratings were down last night, I was a little bummed out. Then I remembered that Drudge is often wrong. And he was again.

[Excerpt]

Conventions: On Opening Night, Democrats Draw at Least 22 Million

At least 22 million television viewers watched the Democratic convention Monday night, when Michelle Obama spoke about her husband and her family, according to Nielsen Media Research. . .

Read more at: New York Times


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...