Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rachel Maddow on Michelle Obama and Pat Buchanan

I've mentioned before on the blog that at one time, I was a Republican. Not exactly a strong one, mind you, but I voted primarily for people with (R) after their names. At the 1992 Republican National Convention, Pat Buchanan gave an ugly, nasty speech about "the culture wars," by which he meant gay people. The speech went unrefuted, and for me a pall hung over the remainder of the Convention, and the election season.

That year, after hearing that speech, and also seeing George H.W. Bush cozy up to Pat Robertson on the 700 Club, I voted for Bill Clinton. And I never went back to the GOP. In this clip, which followed Michelle Obama's amazing speech last night, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow brought up the '92 Convention. And she did it with Pat Buchanan sitting right next to her!

Brava, Rachel! NOTE: Be patient, the moment is about half-way in.

1 comment:

  1. And what's so sad is the ignorant dumbass bigot had no CLUE what she was talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...