Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why Would Obama Seek to Help Karl Rove?


Photo from source, Raw Story

I've been reluctant to overly criticize Barack Obama, and to give him some slack in these early days of his Presidency. While I did vote for him, I'm not lock-steppy in my allegiance. I want him to succeed, and I want him to fix the problems created by too many years of conservative rule. But it is mighty difficult to get behind this decision.

For what possible reason would Obama have to go easy on Karl Rove? What political calculation could come out with an equation that would favor such a thing? The number of people in this country who are in Rove's corner wouldn't fill a small town. And the number of the President's supporters who will be aggravated by such an action couldn't be held in Mile High Stadium.

[Excerpt]

Obama, not Bush, now seeking delay of Rove deposition

Former Bush Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove has a new president urging Congress not to force him to testify next week.President Barack Obama. . .

Read more at: Raw Story


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...