Friday, February 20, 2009

Utah's Sen. Buttars Calls Gays "Greatest Threat to America"


Image from RadProfile.com

You know, one of my big issues on this blog is that of religion and politics. I don't like the mixture much. And one of my other big issues is fighting overt homophobia. Gays are one of the few groups that can often be publicly maligned with impunity. And that's wrong.

But the biggest theme present here at Greenlee Gazette is an overriding sense of immaturity and inappropriate humor. I just can't help it. So when I saw that this was Senator Buttars, and that the character of "Butters" from South Park was at a "ex-gay" camp in one episode (see picture), I couldn't resist the juxtaposition. Which is a long way to go to say, "heh, I thought it was funny."

[Excerpt]

Buttars: Gays 'greatest threat to America'

He called the gay-rights movement "probably the greatest threat to America," likened gay activists to Muslim radicals and dubbed same-sex relationships "abominations."

Now Sen. Chris Buttars finds himself in a familiar place: under fire amid demands he step down. . .

Read more at: The Salt Lake Tribune


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...