Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Las Vegas Show La Cage Closes after 23 Years


Photo from LasVegas-NV.com

This recession is hitting everybody it seems, even the glittery "girls" of An Evening at La Cage, the drag revue at the Riviera in Las Vegas. As a 14-year resident, I'm quite familiar with the host of the show, Frank Marino, though I've never seen the show. I did see the rival show, the now defunct Boylesque with Kenny Kerr a couple of times many years ago. It was funny, but drag singers lip-synching has always a bit of an enigma to me.

Still, the show has been running for nearly a quarter-century, and it is a little stunning to see it go away. Of course, Kenny Kerr saw his show cancelled over and over, so I'm sure that Marino will find a new gig before long. Good luck, girl!

[Excerpt]

'La Cage' revue closes in Las Vegas

The final curtain has fallen on the long-running Las Vegas female impersonators revue An Evening at La Cage.

Headliner Frank Marino and the rest of the cast were informed after Monday's performance that the show was closing immediately, ending a nearly 24-year run. . .

Read more at: USA Today


1 comment:

  1. So sad. I too remember Kenny....even bought the VHS tape which I still enjoy every now & then

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...