Tuesday, March 24, 2009

President Obama's Second Press Conference

I did my duty as an American and watched President Barack Obama's press conference tonight. Well, watched would be stretching the term, since my eyes did find themselves closed on occasion. This economy stuff--while important--isn't exciting stuff.

Obama is a better speaker than George W. Bush of course, though that bar is quite low. I didn't feel like grabbing the remote and hurling at the screen, as I so often did in the last eight years. But I hope as he gets more seasoned in the job, that he truncates his answers a bit, and realizes that he doesn't have to fill every second with his voice. Rather than draw out "aaaaaand" or "thennnnnnnnn" he could just pause. Other than that, he was pretty good, and clearly thoughtful and engaged. I think if I had a better grasp on all of the economic issued, I would have been more engaged myself.

If you missed it, here's the entire conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...