Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rush Limbaugh Uses Kennedy Death to Push Nonsense

I knew that when Ted Kennedy ultimately died, the people in right-wing world would be unkind. From conservative FaceBook "friends" to FreeRepublic, to right-wing talk radio, and even here on my own blog (in reply to a mere death announcement), I've heard astounding negativity without even having to look very hard. Yes, we all know what happened 40-plus years ago. But mere hours had gone by after the Senator's death, before some people reduced the man to that solitary event.

As I said before, I've never felt the allure of "Camelot," having been too young to experience it, and wasn't particularly a fan or follower of Kennedy. Or any Kennedy. But I am aware of many of the good things the man did, and of his place in our history. It's a milestone--some would say end of an era--that deserves notice. Maybe not as much notice as will undoubtedly ensue, I'll grant. And unless something genuinely newsworthy or interesting should arise from the situation, it is doubtful I'll write much more about it. But the dancing on the grave that has been going on is just tasteless.

Rush Limbaugh may have done some of that dancing, I haven't looked too deeply to find out. And I don't intend to. What I did find was Limbaugh using Kennedy's passing to continue selling out-and-out lies. Ridiculous, already discredited "death books" and "death panels." He must have utter contempt for his audience. How could he not? His meal ticket is a group of people who will believe any story, no what orifice he pulls it from.

2 comments:

  1. What is a "death book?" Is that a book like the one Kubler-Ross wrote years ago about death and dying?

    What exactly was objectionable about what Limbaugh said in this clip? I'm conservative, and althoug I don't listen to Rush anymore, I found his emphasis on the individual will to live to be profound and meaningful and very apropos to talk about right now. I thought it was a fine way for Limbaugh to honor Senator Kennedy, while still holding fast to the positions Rush believes in contra Kennedy. But apparently his tribute bothered you. Maybe it was supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you listen to the clip? He talks about "snuffing out a life." He talks about a "death book" These are references to the utterly baseless "death panels" ginned up by the right, and the VA pamphlet issued by--wait for it--the BUSH Administration, and blown up by FOX "News" into something it clearly wasn't.

    This is Rush trying to sound magnanimous while furthering absolute LIES. And if you don't hear those lies, than the point of my post is even clearer. Limbaugh's listeners will belive virtually anything he says. Ironic, since he is an authority on NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...