Thursday, November 24, 2011

Back to Ohio, Day One: The Thanksgivening

When you live 2,000 miles away from your family, life can chug along blissfully ignorant sometimes. You've sent the appropriate cards and gifts. You've made the occasional phone call (but with instant messages, email, texts and Facebook, maybe not so many phone calls). And other than a few gossipy tidbits, for the most part, you don't really know what mayhem is rattling the family tree. Meanwhile, back home, your family has had a cold war brewing, with hot spots threatening to go nuclear. Or maybe not! Maybe everything is just fine!

Yeah, you keep dreaming. And now you--I in this example--didn't manage to weasel out of a request to come home for a holiday. Now, it's time to face the music. Well, at least it's an extended cheat period for my diet and exercise regimen, and it's Thanksgiving. So there's that! Oh, I'm exaggerating, I know. It'll be fun. But I'm expecting at least one small explosion.

With this post Greenlee Gazette is on semi-vacation, with me in Ohio, and the big holiday weekend and all. Stupid Monkey Planet will be posting some fun stuff, and I'll still probably poke my head in from time to time. But with the decreased readership (and the decreased news output), I expect things to be pretty light. With a little luck, I'll be blogging full strength again on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...