Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Worst Passwords

Sometimes passwords are important, sometimes they are not. For instance, my AOL password (yes, I still have one. . . bitch.) couldn't be used for much, unless you're commenting on gay/atheist/cannibal websites. My BofA password is a little more sacrosanct. So, I have an assortment of passwords, most on a theme. And yes, occasionally, I have to hit the "forgot password?" links. But I think most people would have a devil of a time figuring mine out, unless you're The Other Half. And his memory is swiss cheese, so even that's not a worry.

[Excerpt]

Worst passwords of 2011

If your email password is "password," or "123123," you may want to change it immediately to avoid identity theft, says U.S. based Internet security company SplashData.

"Hackers can easily break into many accounts just by repeatedly trying common passwords," said SplashData's CEO, Morgan Slain. . .


Read more: The Vancouver Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...