Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An Open Letter to the Republican Party



This letter, sadly, is not from me. It is from Hunter, a diarist at Daily Kos (found by way of VoenixRising). It is  a very straightforward, darkly funny but deadly serious call for sanity from the right side of the aisle. But I really doubt we'll get it.

[Excerpt]

Dear Republican Party

Republicans: We need to talk.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on many things. We hang out with different crowds, we listen to different music, we have different interpretations of pretty much every event that has ever happened from the Big Bang onwards—but I'm worried about you. We, the whole of non-Republican America, are worried about you. Heck, I even know people in other countries that are worried about you. . .


. . .Your first serious non-Palin flirtation of this election cycle was with Michele Bachmann. Really? You could choose from among the ranks of the entire conservative movement, and you said "yeah, Michele Bachmann, I guess." I don't mean to be cruel, but that's when most of us realized that this little ideological obsession of yours had turned into a full-fledged, self-destructive addiction. You'd gone and cracked, right then and there. . .


Keep reading at: Daily Kos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...